Monday, January 22, 2007

Songs of America

So what did you miss by not attending la mere's concert? Well, let me tell you. A lot of American folk music. Such as "Ching-A-Ring-Chaw" and "Ring Ring the Banjo." The concert also included, "The Horticultural Wife" which featured a solo by our favorite mouselike man, emphatically bopping his head and singing lyrics like this:
"I am like a scarlet runner, that has lost its stick,
Or a cherry, that is left for the dickey birds to pick;
Like a watering pot, I'll weep, like a pavion, I'll sigh,
Like a mushroom, I'll wither, like a cucumber, I'll die."
Wish you were there to enjoy it with me.

2 comments:

Esmee Grace said...

Yeah I'm all torn up inside. Sounds like it was a real barn-burner.

Charles Grace said...

wait, those are really the lyrics? and they were sung by the mouse man? oh man, I really do wish I had been there....and wasted.