Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm concerned....

Not to go all Cassandra on you guys but I'm kinda nervous about this winter. This summer our hospitals have been more full than ever before and it is only just beginning. Currently our ICU's are over capacity and we haven't even begun to see the beginning of the epidemic that is coming. Then I read this about other hospitals " In Austin, so many parents are rushing their children to Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas with swine flu symptoms that the hospital had to set up tents in the parking lot to cope with the onslaught. In Memphis, the Le Bonheur Children’s Medical Center emergency room got so crowded with feverish, miserable youngsters that it had to do the same thing." I dunno. Maybe we'll get everyone vaccinated in time. Sometimes I get this feeling that we should all own SUVs. You know, just in case we have to cut cross-country.

2 comments:

Charles Grace said...

this concerns me. I also sometimes wonder if we should learn how to start cars without keys just in case of apocalypse.

Esmee Grace said...

I'm reading an anthology of short stories about the apocalypse. I'll take notes.