Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Brother Is An Only Child


So its so freakin hot here that I went to the movies to just to get some cool air. And since I didn't feel like driving anywhere, I just walked over to the local super artsy theater, which is playing that Italian fascist/communist brothers movie that i think I told you about Dodie and you said not to go see cause it sounded depressing boring and awful. BUT it turns out that its in fact totally awesome, and the best foreign film I've seen in awhile. Sometimes I just long for super artsy movies (although not too artsy - like this preview that I saw for a movie that seems to be about inbred people in the south or something awful - http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/shotgunstories/trailer/ - this is probably the scariest trailer I've seen in awhile). So anyways, My Brother is an awesome movie. Has its funny moments, and of course its expected tragic but uplifting European ending (yeah, I know that sounds like all of kinds of awfulness but I swear it isn't!). Its beautifully shot and has excellent acting. I realize you probably won't jump up and run out to go see it, but at least watch the trailer and add it to your netflix queue! http://www.apple.com/trailers/thinkfilm/mybrotherisanonlychild/ (and yes, I realize the poster I put here is clearly spanish but I couldn't find an English one and this one is cooler than the Italian version.)

No comments: