Friday, August 7, 2009

Swedemania


So I just finished reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo rapidly followed by The Girl Who Played With Fire and tuned into the latest episode of Wallander on Masterpiece Theatre (Love KB). Who knew the Swedes wrote such great mysteries? I guess if you spent half the year in darkness, you'd spend your time reading and writing murder mystery novels too. (PS I think Esmee is secretly a Swede as they all appear to subsist on coffee, cigarettes and sandwiches.) Maybe we should tour Scandinavia?

1 comment:

Esmee Grace said...

I loved that book! As soon as I make it out of the house and to a book store I'm getting the new one. Haven't been keeping up with Wallander which is surprising considering La Mere has started watching Waking the Dead, and MI-5 on PBS each week for her violent procedurals fix.