Wednesday, November 19, 2008

plus de cadeaux

So I asked la mere what she wanted for Christmas and she said that she wanted another travel mug because she only has one. I found this to be quite puzzling, because as I recall, we have approximately 2 billion travel mugs in the kitchen from Borders, the bagel dump, multiple educational institutions etc. did we throw them all out in some fit of de-cluttering? did she pot plants in them? has le pere squirreled them all away in his cave?
i decided to wish for a butter dish (mine broke in the dishwasher) and a pastry brush from her. i can only imagine how she will twist my seeming straightforward wishes into something hideous and most unwanted. perhaps she will deliberately misunderstand my request for a butter dish and buy me a bottle of spray margarine instead as a not so subtle suggestion that I ought to watch my cholesterol.

1 comment:

Charles Grace said...

la mere has like 500 travel mugs. wtf.