Friday, November 14, 2008

Parenting 101...

Esmee (on phone): Mom? Hi, sorry I didn't call earlier, but I was out so late last night I ended up just crashing with Rebecca rather than drive home. How was your morning?
La Mere: You weren't home this morning?
Esmee: (awkward pause) No. Didn't you start work at two this afternoon?
La Mere: Yeah. I was trying to be quiet this morning so as to not wake you up.
Esmee: My car wasn't there.
La Mere: I didn't notice. I guess that makes me a bad mother, huh?
Esmee: ............
La Mere: So I guess the dying cat didn't wake you up this morning huh?
Esmee: ????? WTF?????
La Mere: Don't worry, she's still alive....for now....

3 comments:

Charles Grace said...

sometimes she is mind boggling...

Dodie Grace said...

which cat is dying?

Charles Grace said...

Pam the cat. Its sad but she is like almost 20 I think.