Thursday, November 27, 2008

Australia: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Nicole Kidman's Acting and Learned to Love Hugh Jackman in a Wet Tee Shirt



Not that I didn't already love him, but really I think that this movie was a plot cooked up by Baz to see how many times he could get Hugh to strike manly poses in a tight tee shirt, in a tight wet tee shirt, shirtless, or wet and shirtless. La pere really loved it since he likes sweeping epics, and has an odd fascination with aborigines.
Of course when I got home La Mere was in bed and in a huff. When I asked how her day was she wouldn't look at me and snapped "it was just another day". So I started blathering on about what a terrible actress Nicole Kidman was, which is apparently a subject La Mere couldn't resist because after a moment she was talking and even laughed when I described the shots of Hugh Jackman standing in profile with his hands on his hips at which point the camera would swoop up to a close-up of his stubble.
So, all in all, a successful Thanksgiving. I've gotten really good at talking La Mere out of funks, so I think we'll make it through the holidays.

3 comments:

Charles Grace said...

yeah. I remember those days. Heaven forbid anyone else ever get a day off, or a day to relax or you know, have a holiday. She just acts like she is such a martyr.
I'm glad you enjoyed the movie though. I knew le pere would like it since he loves that kind of stuff, and i thought to myself, gee if they went and saw Australia that would be THREE HOURS where poor Esmee wouldn't have to talk to le pere! and really? who can resist hugh in all those wet shirts and manly poses. Early on when he is POURING water over himself shirtless, you know what sort of movie it will be. Its kind of really great!

Dodie Grace said...

how can one man be sooo manly and yet soooo un-manly?

Dodie Grace said...

baz has always been a big fan of the water pouring see leo in countless scenes in R&J