Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Music Junkie




Okay, so Grizzly Bear was awesome (including the brand new song they played which is gonna be on the New Moon soundtrack which I hate to admit, but I'm really really excited about, I mean, new Thom Yorke, Death Cab for Cutie, St Vincent, Bon Iver, Grizzly Bear, what's not to love?)(except sparkly vampires). The opening band Beach House was good too.

White Rabbits were also good, which was expected since they are one of my new favorite bands. What was not expected was Black Joe Lewis and The Honeybears who were FUCKING AWESOME!!! Seriously, not my usual type of music, but they were possibly the best band I saw all week. Really, really good, and all the better for being unexpected. The whole crowd was immediately won over and of course you can't ask for more than a free concert with a band you've never heard of that is really really good.
Sigh. A good couple of days.

Can't wait to see you guys.

No comments: