Friday, October 29, 2010

Holy Shit!

I can't believe my store is only open for three more days.

Things I will not miss:
1. lack of sleep
2. 13-hour days
7. 7-day work weeks
8. the hiring process

Things I will miss:

1. Conversations like this:

Employee: Oh my god Esmee, do you like what I'm wearing? (presents outfit of skinny jeans and 80's style boyscout camp sweatshirt)
Me: Holy shit you're such a little hipster, I love it.
Employee: I hate hipsters.
Me: All hipsters say that. It's part of their M.O.
Employee: *sigh* I've had this sweatshirt since I was nine years old.
Me: I really just want to smuggle you in my suitcase and take you to Silverlake with me.
Employee: Oh my god, can you? My ex-boyfriend moved there and he'd love you! We'd have so much fun just bitching about stuff every day!
Me: Why are you only 17???
Employee: Life is tragic that way.


I think I'm going to miss my 17-year-old gay hipster employee most of all. Le sigh.

1 comment:

Dodie Grace said...

can't wait to have you back!