Monday, February 14, 2011

Awesome collision of musical worlds

So you all know how much I love Dido. (Her brother's name is Rollo. At least, les parents did not do that to us. And she married a man named Rohan, more proof that there is truly a match for everyone.) And I love AR Rahman. (Another aside. The other day was playing songs from my itunes to try to amuse the kids who all decided to crowd into the office and watch me create pediatric palliative care powerpoint slides and review PMTCT protocols. They absolutely loved Shakira and Jai Ho. Were totally singing along. Abs adorbs.) Anyways, Dido and Rahman have a song, "If I Rise" from 127 Hours.



But, because Dido is about to have a baby, Florence Welch (!) is going to be performing it with Rahman at the Oscars. All around awesomeness.

No comments: