Tuesday, March 16, 2010

LA Update

So Saturday I brought the boy to The Getty during the afternoon and then we went and saw The English Beat (a band he's more into than I am. I figured I dragged him to see Patrick Wolf, I owe him) at The Roxy up on Sunset Blvd. We had a good time only to get back to the apartment at 1:30 am to find that the vampire cat had wedged himself in between the refrigerator and the kitchen cabinets. The cat is fine, but it did freak me out a little. Sunday we went to The Landmark and saw The Ghost Writer (which was awesome, gotta love Olivia Williams, plus you know, Pierce and Ewan), and then we went to The Apple Pan, which was, as always, perfect.
Today (monday) we went down to Venice Beach and watched all the crazies and burn outs, and hippies while getting sunburnt. Afterwards we went out and got sushi at Sushi Mon.
Tomorrow we go see The Veils and The Black Rebel Motorcycle Club play at House of Blues Anaheim. First hopefully we'll find the Elliott Smith Figure 8 which is apparently on Sunset a bit further down from Amoeba. Anyways, the cat seems to have accepted The Boy, and even chilled out on the couch with the two of us when we watched Black Dynamite. (I'm still trying to get the boy to watch Twilight for the hilarity).
So what are you guys up to?

2 comments:

Charles Grace said...

sounds like you two are having lots of fun!!! don't worry about vampire cat...he is just very crafty...kinda surprised that he chilled on the couch with the two of you. did you find black dynamite in my stack of random crap? I know i have that dvd somewhere...i'm just busy bee with work. start shooting soon!

Dodie Grace said...

glad you guys had fun!