Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Peabody Essex Museum


So I went to visit the Peabody Essex Museum today after I dropped off la mere at the airport. I really wanted to see this Hudson River School exhibit they have currently which has some spectacular landscape paintings. They also have a bit of maritime art, silver (of course), and a lot of china. I particularly liked, Shopping by Judith Lowry, a contemporary American Indian artist.

Afterwards I planned to do some Christmas shopping in downtown Salem. (The stores have lots of eccentric creepy stuff that I thought would make for good presents.) Unfortunately, somehow I forgot what time of year it is and after I was almost knocked over by a crowd dragging a screaming, shackled Goody Good impersonator down the street, I decided I had to get out of there. Poor Salem.

No comments: