Sunday, August 8, 2010

Apparently everyone and their mother is from Newton


From the Globe: "More news from Television Critics Association events on the West Coast: Actress Anne Dudek, whom you’d recognize from “House,’’ “Mad Men,’’ “Big Love,’’ and is also from Newton, is now on the USA spy caper “Covert Affairs.’’ Dudek took time the other day to tell the Globe that unlike her previous roles, her “Covert Affairs’’ character is the straight-and-narrow sister of a secret agent (played by Piper Perabo of “Coyote Ugly’’ fame). “I’ve been playing really eccentric weirdos for the past little bit, which is really fun,’’ she said at a recent NBC Universal press party in Beverly Hills. “But this character’s really relatable and that seemed interesting.’’ The actress is a little bummed that as a non-spy she isn’t going to get to kick any butt in the show’s action sequences. “Unfortunately, a lot of what I do takes place in a kitchen, so maybe I could flip some omelets in a really aggressive way,’’ the Newton North grad said, with a laugh. Dudek was tight-lipped on what her work on “Covert Affairs’’ might mean for the fate of her role as Betty Draper’s friend Francine Hanson on “Mad Men.’’ But she did point out that Betty still lives in the ’hood so we’ll just have to wait and see. “I’m so lucky,’’ she said of the widely praised, Emmy-winning period drama. “When I was growing up in Newton we had a pretty good theater program at my high school. But I never thought that I would really able to be an actor, that I could have a career doing that.’’ But not only is she a working actor, she’s on a show with fellow Newtonian John Slattery, who plays Roger Sterling on “Mad Men.’’ “You know what’s crazy? His parents live down the street from my parents.’’ "

1 comment:

Charles Grace said...

um, that's out of control. why is EVERYONE from Newton??