Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oh Canada


Dear Sisters,

It is rather incredible that for once I actually feel like my life is becoming an adventure and I'm not just reading about say Keira's amazing life in Elle or something. I have a car, a prius, which is actually the worst snow driving car I have ever been in, but happily after many high school years of ever so slowly skidding into that one tree on school street, I'm pretty good at driving through horrible slush (um, not sure that they really understand the concept of plowing here. Esp out by the studio where I work which seems to be near like shipyards or something). Also great is my condo which is adorable. I'm sitting at my kitchen table and looking out the window to my patio where I can see the snow falling in giant flakes which is very pretty. Everything is very clean and modern and my bed is heavenly. THe fluffiest most amazing pillows you can imagine. The bathtub is huge and i very comfortably soaked last night after two long days I really needed it. Although I haven't done much driving yet, I have not gotten lost, which I am pretty proud of. Last night I stopped at the grocery store (or market as some people say) that is no joke called "Loblaws" J was explaining it to me and MVH last night and couldn't help herself but mutter "Bob Loblaw" which I doubt MVH got but I thought was hysterical (and if you don't get the reference, i recommend re-watching all of arrested development). It is a HUGE supermarket with lots of yummy food and i treated myself to things like good olives, a quiche, some really good cheese and such. This morning I wandered out to find coffee and got a croissant as well. I made it almost up to queen west (the street with all the cute shops) but it was snowing pretty hard and my nose was getting cold and my hair was getting very wet so I decided to retreat back to the soho met and hopefully its not snowing tomorrow and i can explore properly. Much better to be holed up inside watching the snow with my copy of elle and my cup of warm coffee!! Later today I'm going over to J's to help her bake a cake for the daughter of one of our co-workers, and then tomorrow I will probably join her and W to go watch the hockey final somewhere which should be fun. Apparently if I am asked where I am from, I am absolutely only to say Boston, which is acceptable because Boston likes hockey. under no circumstances am I to say I am from LA. Also, in my wanderings I passed the "wayne gretzky bar". seriously. anyways, I haven't even gotten into talking about working in the prod office so I will detail that later. Just wanted to give you gals some updates. Its pretty freakin awesome though. I like that we're all being more world-travelers these days (me in TO, D to Haiti, E to LA). We need more adventure in our lives.
xoxo C
PS. yes, I really do pass the hockey hall of fame on my way to work. oh canada.

1 comment:

Dodie Grace said...

oh canada. I can't wait to visit and hear all about your chilly adventures up there. glad you are safe and having fun. keep exploring and eat some croissants for me. :)