Saturday, July 4, 2009

Greetings from NY!







(these photos were taken with a crappy little samsung digital camera since I didn't really want to drag my nice expensive nikon to a rock concert up near Harlem late at night) (although it really wasn't sketchy where we were. I swear.)

Dodie, sorry I didn't get back to you but I didn't see the post until I was home. Of course we left Saturday morning so it wouldn't have done much good anyways. Hopefully next time I'll have some more advanced notice, not just a day.

Sonic Youth concert was awesome, they had these crazy backdrops that lit up and it was in this old church building thing and stuffed to the brim with New York hipsters. Seriously you should have seen the crowd, it was kind of insane. I have never seen so many UNS' and skinny jeans in my life. It was kind of hysterical.

Went to the MoMA which was awesome. It was seriously like my Modern Art History class in person, I'm pretty sure I shrieked every time I entered a new room. (Frida! Warhol! Pollock! Holy shit it's Starry Night! Picasso's blue period everywhere!!! A Cy Twombly painting that doesn't suck!)

Anyways, at some point we'll all have to do New York together. Miss you guys!

No comments: