Monday, June 22, 2009

24 hours and one shower later and I still have glitter on me...






Nylon's blog had this to say about the guy in the last photo
:
Dear Guy at the Boston Show with the Tiny Giraffe:
Thank you for making our night.
You rock for jumping onstage with Louise and Marine to help sing “These Boots Are Made for Walking.”
You rule for showing your PW devotion by dressing exactly like Patrick Wolf, to the point where kids were coming up to you before the concert, asking if you were Patrick Wolf.
And you really swept us off our feet with the giraffe you waved all night from the midst of the crowd.
But… um… why a giraffe? Why not a bear or a kitty or even, dare we say it, a jaguar (love!).
Write us back, G.A.T.B.S.W.T.T.G, and let us know.
We heart you!
xoxo NYLON


The boy and I were also curious about the tiny giraffe. Also the fact that there were at least two more tiny gay boys in the crowd all decked out just like Patrick Wolf right down to the exact same hair. Not that I blame them as I kinda wish I could follow PW around the rest of his US tour and just watch him sing night after night in glitter make-up and ridiculous outfits as he switches between his piano, electric guitar, mandolin and violin. Sigh.

The other awesomeness of the night were the Plastiscines, the only one of the three opening bands that didn't suck. The Plastiscines are this French chick band and they are fan-fucking-tastic.



So at least for five hours I got to forget about the fact that I have car troubles. Again. Dodie, I hear you're having car issues too, so best of luck with that, and Charles, please drive carefully and don't prove the rule of three!

2 comments:

Dodie Grace said...

love the plasticines

Charles Grace said...

i love the little letter to that guy. the phrase "tiny giraffe" makes me want to giggle hysterically.